Monday, January 31, 2011

A Little Something...

Good morning everyone!

If you've been following me for awhile, you know that I fell in love with mini albums and even attempted to make my own. You can see the first one that I made for my swap partner a year ago on You Tube - just click here.

I have made a bunch and each time, they get better and better (at least I think so). Here's my latest:



I am trying to get my handmade flowers to a better shape but so far...this works. I think I'll find another punch or there might be a nice 6 petal one in one of the Cricut cartridges I have. The paper is K&Company.



In the corners, I used the peel-offs I received from my UK buddy, Lyn. These really work well everywhere! See the butterflies on the next page?




The border punches make great pockets for the tags. I used scraps of the paper to make more flowers and inserted flowers from Wild Orchid for the center.



One of the paper had a bunch of cherries and limes so I cut it out to make a pocket.



Again, the scraps became usable by using my heart punch and making a collage tag on one side (ink distressed the other side of the tag).

It's a simple colorful mini with plenty of space for pictures. I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting! :~)

7 comments:

Rose Petal said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, Terry. This is absolutely beautiful. Look at all those fantastic bright designer papers, so beautifully co-ordinated. Lots of wonderful detail, so much to take in and admire. You are a dreammaker at these Albums my friend, and they really are a wonderful and very precious gift to someone, to always treasure. Happy crafting sweetie.
Lots of love, Sandra xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wow Terry - absolutely beautiful.
Your buddy is going to be over the moon with this little treasure.
Hugs
Helen xxx

Shelly said...

What a fabulous mini album! It's so pretty. Full of beautiful little details. I love that lime pocket.:) Such a fun touch of whimsy and so creative.

I have some colored rings like you used to bind this with. Maybe I'll have to try one of these minis. Your's is certainly inspiring.

1CardCreator said...

Yes indeed, the albums are definitely getting better! This one is gorgeous, I love how you used the limes as a pocket too. Your handmade flowers are inspiring. ~Diane

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Terry, this album turned out beautiful!!! I just love all the colors and the papers you used. Your "attempt" produced a masterpiece!

Mrs A. said...

My oh My. This is not only gorgeous its spectactular. I just love it to bits. The colours are devine. So you as usual. ( I love how you bring colour into everyones lives).
Hugs Mrs A.

mulberry station said...

Hi Terry! what gorgeous little albums. I love, love, love the bright fun colors and DP you have used. I watched your video and It was fun to hear your voice. Your albums will be special treasures for those that receive them. By the way, I love your new blog look. HOpe all is well in your part of the world.
Hugs, Nancy