Sunday, March 7, 2010

Now where's my purse?

Greetings everyone!

Glue, Scissors, Paper is having a fabulous challenge this week: Purses! Now, I'm not talking about Nine West (my favorite), Coach, Gucci or any of those purses that we have in our closet that costs so much!

The design team was tasked to make a purse and although we were provided with a fantastic tutorial reference, I found an easier one. Check it out:




This is the front. It's a very simple template that requires more folding in the right direction than cutting. I added ribbon to make a border, blue sheer ribbon to go with the "baby boy" theme of blue. The other blue ribbon is used for handles. The folded outcome is two pockets, which I have filled with tags.



This is the back view, where I have adhered plastic baby bottles - aren't they cute?



The tags were cut using my Cricut. I added cute stickers and even made a pocket on one of the tags to hold more tags.




I added a square pocket with a half circle top - stamped a sentiment, added some other die-cuts I had to give it more room for journaling or pictures.




Here, more tags with some bling on the daisy that serves as a topper for a tag. Look, there's even a folio that opens up. There's a house stamped and I colored it with colored pencils.

This was a fun project - another way to utilize a mini album - would make a great gift for the mom-to-be or grandmother brag book. We can always use another purse, right?

So, while you sip your morning coffee and browse the blog reader, why not check out Glue, Scissors, Paper and check out what the rest of the DT has made. These ladies are sure to bring out the need for another purse in you.

Have a beautiful day y'all! ;~)

12 comments:

Faye said...

You made that? It's beautiful! xxx

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful purse Terry, I love the idea of using the tags. Thanks for sharing ~Diane

Kristen said...

oooh! I want to make one for coupons!

I dropped a coupon in the grocery today that was for a FREE box of Kashi and 3 coupons for $1.50 off Kashi cereals (or crackers)...
I looked through the store and someone picked them up!
I only hope that the person needed that savings and didn't just toss them in the garbage...

thank you for your awesome inspiration and link to more great things!!!!

Heather said...

I LOVE THIS! My goodness how sweet!!! I love the colors and the fun compartments inside made from folders! Such a darling little thing!

Hope you had a beautiful weekend.

Hugs to you
Heather

Bobbi said...

Love your purse. Wanted to let you know that you have an award on my blog.

Mrs A. said...

Are you sure this is made from paper!! it's fab.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

What a darling project!! Love the endless possibilities!!

mulberry station said...

Just love your fun project Terry! This is really Sweet!

Donna said...

Oh my word Terry, this little purse is so beautiful, you have done such a fantastic job pulling everything together you are so clever to do this...I wouldn't know where to start :) Donna x

Donna said...

Oh my word Terry, this little purse is so beautiful, you have done such a fantastic job pulling everything together you are so clever to do this...I wouldn't know where to start :) Donna x

Myra said...

I love it!! It's a great idea for a gift!

Myra said...

I love it!! It's a great idea for a gift!