Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Markus!

My eldest son will be 30 years old on Saturday and he has already made plans to party all night long in San Diego, where he lives.

While he reminds me that I am one of the "Golden Girls", I'm happy to point out to him that he is no longer one of the "90210" kids but more like "Grumpy Old Men." (lol!) I sent him this card that show cases one of the signature images he draws for me for Tellen's Place Designs. Edward is giving his sister, Ally a gift - how sweet.



I used paper I got in a RAK from Jude, who lives in the UK. She sent me those beautiful roses too, not to mention the scalloped circle. Isn't she sweet? I'm going to talk hubby into letting me splurge and get the Sizzix machine so I can send her some goodies too! (Yep, that's my excuse for getting that puppy). ;p



I'm entering this card into A Spoon Full of Sugar's challenge, which is to use distress ink (I inked the sentiment oval and the top banner with the birthday ribbon), stickles (on Ally's shoes and bow) and pearls. I've not entered a challenge in ages. So, this was a nice break from the usual hump and grind.

I know Markus will like it - I hope you do too.

Thanks for stopping by. (Edited post: Okay, photos added - see this is what happens when you schedule a post and forget to go back and add the photos! *sigh*)

11 comments:

blackdragon said...

Oh Terry .... another senior moment? WHERES THE CARD!!!!????
I know your'e getting old now... a son of 30!!! (yeh ok my son is already 30... 31 in august)...but to forget to 'post' the card.... WHAT ARE YOU LIKE!!!!
Love and hugs my senile friend...
lynx

Terry Oulboub said...

LOL!!! OMG!!! Can you believe it? LOL! I'll fix that!

Faye said...

Happy Birthday to your son, and happy thoughts to you too. Card is fantabulous! xxx

Joynana said...

Terry, I know that Markus will love this card. I really do. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARKUS!!!! Terry, are adult children wonderful?

Rose said...

Oh Terry!! I can't believe you have a son 30 years old! I love your card, the image is so cute and the added detail is just perfect! I know Markus will love it! Happy Birthday Markus!! Have a wonderful weekend Terry!

Donna said...

Hi Terry, your card is brilliant and I bet Markus loved it...happy birthday wishes to Markus for today! You have done a wonderful job with your card and its brilliant that you have used one of Markus' images...what a fab Mum you are :) Donna x

mulberry station said...

Thanks for the chuckle today, Terry! I love your card. It is super cute. The added ribbon and roses are wonderful. And, Happy Birthday to Markus !!!! I can't beleive you have a son that old either.

Maria Matter said...

Adorable image and your coloring is fab Terry!
blessings, Maria

Stacy said...

What a fun card!! I love the papers you picked! Your image is great and I love how you colored it!

Rosanne said...

cute card!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Terry,
Absolutely love the colours on this card. Also reminds me of my two happy siblings.Incidently u know who is also 30yrs next month but don't mention to him that I told you!!!