Thursday, December 3, 2009

Girlfriends...

You know, while I was coloring this sweet image that I got from Heather's Coffee Break, I realized the center of my enjoyment in crafting was coloring images. When I was little, I used to draw "girls" as I called them then. They were much like what Heather's drawn here and I'd talk (to myself) about my friend, what we were doing that day and I'd draw up every piece of paper in the house. Why my mother just didn't buy me a ream of paper back then is beyond me (LOL!). I drew on brown paper sacks - anything! I loved drawing and coloring those girls' clothes.

I had that same enjoyment coloring these girls and paper piecing their jeans. When I look at images, my enjoyment seems to stem from some kind of happy/joy/joy button from long ago. I just know I love a girlfriend story. Once a year, there's an annual "Girlfriend Appreciation Day" here and I go, rallying all my girlfriends and we have a ball. Doesn't this image make you think of your girlfriend?

Well, Heather is preparing a blog hop, which I am included - I was so happy when she asked me. She'll be releasing her new images so mark December 9th (that's next Wednesday) on your calendar and be ready to hop, hop, hop 'til you drop because there will be prizes. I'll have a little goody for those participating too - so stay tuned! :D

5 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Terry, I love your choice of papers and the way you have paper pieced the girls trousers, fab layout and pretty flower you have created! Its just as well you only drew on paper bags when you were younger and that you didn't draw on the walls lol! :) Donna x

Heather said...

Awww!!! Terry, first of all I am honored that you agreed to be a part of this hop with me! you are amazing and so sweet!!! To think I may not have met you if it were not for FBD!!!

I LOVE your card!!! Great layout and punches. I don't think many people realize you can paper piece digital images! (I paper pieced a different one for the hop too!!!) these colors are just too fun! I love the bandanna look and the orange and green are so bright and funky! You just made my night girlfriend:)!!!

Jamie Lane said...

Love your color choices (and always your coloring!), so bright and cheerful!

Liza said...

Great card Terry, its a fab image and the the trousers are perfect for paper piecing.

Liza x

Jessica G. said...

Perfect gal pal card! Fun colors and those paper-pieced jeans are perfect!!