Thursday, October 22, 2009

Simple Birthday Wishes

I'll be honest with you - this card did NOT turn out the way I had imagined. When I saw the sketch on The Fresh Batch, I thought, ooh, I can do another sketch and this one rocks! The DT made such wonderful samples, I wanted to do the same. Too bad it became something else!

First, if you check out the lovely beauties the DT made, you'll see some are like gift cards; you can pull out the insert. Well, I thought I'd do the 365 Cards: Day 236, which is Paisely. Amy had a beautiful card on display to get you in the Paisley mood.
So I found use for this really bright paper in my DCWV spring pack. Sometimes, don't you just want to ask the designers of the paper - what were you thinking - what the heck is this doing here? Sometimes you get papers that make you think they messed up and kept it in there anyway just knowing YOU could make SOMETHING with it. Well, I did think that...but then, there it sat all spring. But today, I wanted to use it and had a good idea.

But...the insert didn't come to be since I FORGOT about it and glued down a small piece to make the card. All of my coordinating papers seem too busy for the paisley top. The image I colored didn't work and so I had to do what worked best: Keep it simple.

Go check out the blogs and have fun with the challenges! Have some fun!

7 comments:

Mrs B said...

Oh, such a festive card! Great job on the layout! I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps and Smiles!
CindyB

~amy~ said...

Terry I love your paisley card!!! That paper is so fun & fresh!!! thanks for playing with me today!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Terry your card is SO pretty! I LOVE the fun colors and pretty paisley background!

Thanks so much for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!

Have a fun week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

sf said...

thanks for visiting! Lovely blog
hugs
fiona x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Terry, I love the bright, zingy colours :) Donna x

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Another beautiful card Terry sweetheart. Its so colourful. I love paisley & you have worked it so well.

A real Stunner!

Luv n hugs
Lisa.xxx

Jennifer said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing and thank you for playing along this week at The Fresh Batch.

Jennifer SAS DT