Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Basic...Revealed


Now, here are the basic layouts...in color.

As you can see, using basic shapes and adding a few embellishments (ribbon, brads, flowers, etc.), you can make simple cards that take a little time to put together.

I used designer specialty paper (e.g. DCWV - Die Cuts With a View) because the design is already present and adds dimension to the card without my having to do so.

The first card, I simply added a complimentary color to the green background card. To keep it from being too bland, I added a computer generated sentiment that was printed on colored paper. The second card had the basic square and I just added flowers to bring out the background print of the paper. The third card is with a bunch of squares that you can cut from complimentary paper. I used squares that were bundled in a plastic container (different cuts but the same size, different colors). Onto those squares, I added buttons. To help the buttons stand out, I tied a few with jute or you could use embroidery floss. The fourth card has the basic shapes added using paper similar in color and I added a matching ribbon to make the bottom shape stand out. The last card was used with paper from a specialty pack. Within that pack was a sheet with designs that I used as a die-cut. It matched the paper perfectly and I used sticky squares to give it a 3-D effect.

In about a half hour, you can have five cards to give to friends and family for those special occasions. Have fun!

No comments: